Being positioned at the heart of Europe, Basel benefits from excellent national and international rail links. The "Basel SBB/SNCF" and "Basel Badischer Bahnhof" train stations are in the near vicinity of the show site. You will find an official Baselworld Welcome Desk at "Basel SBB/SNCF" train station.
You can reach Baselworld by tram (alighting at "Messeplatz/Exhibition Square"):
- From "Basel SBB/SNCF" train station: tram No. 2 or 1 (an 8-minute ride)
- From "Basel Badischer Bahnhof" train station: tram No. 2 or 6 (a 2-minute ride)
A taxi to the show site costs around CHF 25.- from "Basel SBB/SNCF" train station and around CHF 15.- from "Basel Badischer Bahnhof" train station.
The show site is only five minutes on foot from "Basel Badischer Bahnhof" train station.
Information on train services
In Switzerland: www.sbb.ch
In France: www.sncf.fr
In Germany: www.bahn.de
Special offer SBB
SBB RailAway offers special tickets at a reduced price in cooperation with Baselworld (valid from all Swiss train stations to the show venue (Messe Basel) and back).
The full range of special tickets at a glance:
- Baselworld Combi - Valid for a return rail journey to Basel, transfer by tram, and admission to the show for one person. (The voucher for the show can be exchanged for an official admission ticket at the show ticket office.)
- Baselworld RailTicket - Valid for a return rail journey to Basel and transfer by tram, without admission to the show.
- Baselworld RailCard - An unlimited number of return journeys to Basel between 20.03 and 30.03.2016, transfer by tram, without admission to the show.
- With GA travelcard (General Abonnement) – Purchase show ticket at a reduced price at any train station. (The voucher for the show can be exchanged for an official admission ticket at the show ticket office.)
Baselworld does not sell any rail tickets. Information and tickets may be obtained by calling +41 (0)900 300 300 (CHF 1.19/min) or online at www.sbb.ch/baselworld
Special offer DB (German Railways)
In cooperation with Baselworld, Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) is offering special tickets for those travelling to the show by train.
Price of a return ticket to Basel Badischer Bahnhof:
2. class EUR 99.-
1. class EUR 159.-
2. class EUR 139.-
1. class EUR 199.-
To book the special-offer tickets please click here or call tel. +49 (0)1805 31 11 53 (Monday to Saturday from 7.00 – 22.00) citing "MCH Basel".